Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Lover Come Back"

"Lover Come Back" is an oldie starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson.  Both of them work as advertising agents and set up a series of comical/romantic events that only the likes of Day and Hudson can find themselves in. 


Nearly a year ago I posted a blog about having to step up my salesmanship.  This past year I've found an easier way.  I've had two students whose parents have referred me to other people.  Those people then call me, and I don't have to sell myself at all.  They are eager to set up an appointment to meet me or to just begin lessons.  These people who are calling me are from an area of town that is expanding, people moving in from other states, so they are open to suggestions and trying what's here. 


When I think about it, I had this situation several years ago.  A Christian Anderson came to me for lessons.  He brought his two sisters, and his mother referred me to many people:  the Perkins/Warenskis, the Hendersons, the Lintons, the Thorups, the Lees.  Eventually, all of these people grew up (or moved away), and no one of school age was left in that neighborhood.  I struggled to find a significant amount of new students for awhile; students came and went until I finally have some referrals again. 


So, I must be grateful to those people who advertise for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment