Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tithing Tales - IV









In April 2001 I had been praying to find a way to purchase car insurance because I don't like driving around being illegal. Finding out that I did the taxes in our house, Grandpa Shelton, out of the blue, asked me to do his taxes. He thought he would rather pay me (he never did it again, however) than his tax preparer. Having only done my own provided very limited experience, but I agreed to do it. He offered me $150 which is what he would have paid the tax preparer, H&R Block. In the meantime, I called around looking for car insurance and found a very helpful gentleman with Allstate. (I've noticed the people the Lord sends me are very kind.) For the least amount of coverage, liability only, just to be legal, he quoted me $175. I decided I could try to come up with an extra $25 by purchasing less food. When I went to their office, they printed out the policy and registration papers and were happy to tell me that the price came in lower at $157.38.  Wow, exactly what I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment